[svlug] GMane, Leafnode -- newsgroups instead of mailing lists

claw@kanga.nu claw at kanga.nu
Mon Mar 14 12:34:45 PST 2005

> Quoting J C Lawrence (claw at kanga.nu):

>>   5) Relax and enjoy both the pleasure of a well featured news reader,
>>   but also having the (full) list archives readily available and
>>   searchable right there in the same tool I use to read and reply to the
>>   list (I've set Leafnode's expire policies to be quite generous).

> "Full featured" sounds like a job for GNUS.

Yeppirs.

>> Now to find a newsreader I like more than the venerable `tin` (which
>> is thoroughly soaked into my muscle memory).  This could be hard...

> It's hard enough that one eventually remembers that tin isn't broken.  ;->

Oh, tin isn't broken to be sure, and it is thoroughly embedded in my
muscle memory.  However, like Karsten, I would *really* like posting
and reading to be asynchronous with regard to each other.  Some
posts take seconds to write, and some more than a week (no lie).
I'd rather not have a locked reading interface for those longer
cases.

--
J C Lawrence