[svlug] [GCC Question] Compiling different objects with different optimization level

kingchurch kingchurch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 15:06:50 PST 2005

Hi,

I've this question during developing a linux project with GCC.
Basically is that OK for us to compile different objects(.c files)
with different optimization level and link them together ?  Does the
library my main program linked to need to be compiled at the same
optimization level as my main program ? Does it make any difference if
it's kernel code instead of user-space code ?

I googled the net and didn't find clear documentation on this regard so far ?

Thanks!

Kevin