[svlug] Thunderbird Mail

James Sparenberg james at linuxrebel.us
Wed Mar 9 11:43:04 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 07:34, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 08:27:43PM -0800, steve wrote:
> >
> > Arrgh, this is driving me crazy...
> > Anyone know how to make Thunderbird Mail work with SV Lug reply-to
> > munging?  Reply-all sends two copies of the email, and Reply just
> > responds privately...
I've seen this question asked before and it seems that Thunderbird does
not have (as of about a week ago on another list) have a "Reply to List"
feature.

> Just for the record, since I didn't see this in the answers:
> Don't bother, send the reply to both and the list manager is smart enough
> not to send a second list copy to subscribers who don't want one.
>
> That's why reply-to munging's only accidental fringe benefit does not apply
> anymore since it's been obsoleted by smart MLMs
>
> Marc

But still then the person who recieves the mail now has to set up dozens
of special "filters" in their mail system to merge "onlist responses
recieved offlist" with "onlist responses recieved via the list" Not to
mention the mental balancing act of saying.  Yes the response was
directed to me personally, but now I have to redirect this one to the
list in case a copy is there as well.  Not to mention the fun it creates
with threading.

I agree T-Bird needs a reply to List.  I've got one that doesn't work
with a simply reply click, (This List) I'm guessing others have more.

James