[svlug] detial on SBC

P a u l Guth g-svlug at gunman.org
Tue Mar 8 16:52:46 PST 2005

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 01:22:20PM -0800, William R Ward wrote:

> You should monitor your SBC e-mail account, since that's how SBC is
> likely to communicate to you if there are changes in your service,
> etc.  You can have multiple e-mail accounts, you know.  Just run a
> fetchmail process that grabs your SBC email and forwards it to you.

I have SBC DSL and run a mailserver on it at my house.  I also monitor
my SBC email account (usually daily, sometimes slightly less often).

This happened to me too, and there was no communication from SBC
about it beforehand.  I just noticed that all my outgoing mail
wasn't going anywhere.  After a day or two when I realized it wasn't
a transient problem, I did some googling which very rapidly led to
SBC's customer support site and the form that ron mentioned.  I
filled out the form and the following day the blocks were gone and
it's been working since.

P                     a                     u                     l
                           g at gunman.org