[svlug] i need help!!! remotely upgrading redhat/fedora!

Aniruddha Mulay ani_mulay at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 13:26:39 PST 2005

Hello,

> bruce wrote:

> i'm trying to figure out how to remotely upgrade fedora on a remote
> server... is there anyone that i can talk with who might be abel to walk
> me through how to accomplish this...
>
> i've tried using yu/apt-get and have problems.. looks like the rpm db has
> problems...

Last month, I happened to read the following article

Updating Fedora Core: Yum or Apt?
by Schuyler Erle

which is about remotely updating from FC2 to FC3 and
the author recommends using apt instead.

For complete details, please take a look at:

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/6567

I have not tried this myself so if you happen to take
the 'apt-get' route please post your results to SVLUG
mailing list so that others can benefit from it.

Good Luck,

(Ani)ruddha Mulay