[svlug] Installfests/ Dual Boot installations

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Mar 7 12:09:21 PST 2005

Quoting James Sparenberg (james at linuxrebel.us):

> If you have a copy of Partition Magic For Windows Bring it as well.
> IMHO it's easier to use a Windows based tool to defragand and/or resize
> Windows, especially if you are on an NTFS drive.

If you haven't tried this from a Linux distribution (or maintenance CD)
lately, you might be pleasantly suprised.  I'm sure you're familiar with
Mandrakelinux's Diskdrake and its ability to graphically front-end
ntfsresize, but the QtParted/ntfsresize combination is really good, too.

Note:  Any ntfsresize of the past year or so doesn't even need you to
defrag.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                                    Magnus frater spectat te.
rick at linuxmafia.com