[svlug] Adobe Framemaker and Linux

J. Paul Reed preed at svlug.org
Sun Mar 6 18:22:15 PST 2005

On 21 Feb 2005 at 12:43:00, Stephen R. Savitzky arranged the bits on my disk to say:

> It's not WYSIWYG, but people with lots of math to typeset seem to prefer
> it.  (One datapoint is a coworker, a confirmed Mac user, who picked LaTeX
> over Framemaker for a 600-page book on pattern recognition.)

The other nice thing about (La)TeX, especially in a publishing/scientific
formula context, is that you can put the text under version control... so
things like |cvs diff| actually work, and will be useful.

I would think mathematician would find that important.

Later,
Paul
--
President