[svlug] [svlug-announce] SVLUG March 2nd meeting: Scalix Server

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Mar 3 23:24:01 PST 2005

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 06:30:18PM -0800, H vR wrote:
> I hope this one was not another commercial powerpoint slide show
<snip>
> What ever happened to good old technical Linux or open source oriented
> talks? Are we running out of technical topics?

Unfortunately, I missed the talk, so I'm not sure how it turned out.
We HAVE had some problems with speakers lately... Sadly, the Qlusters folks
even said they'd be doing a technical presentation, and then the first thing
out of the speaker's mouth was: "Well, I know we promised a technical talk,

Our next meeting's speaker is CTO of Penguin Computing, and inventor of
Beowulf, so that should be a good show.

The other upcoming talks are listed here:

  http://www.svlug.org/meetings.shtml

The last three (Aug, Sept, Oct) are from OSS folks, not companies, and so
should DEFINITELY be good.

-bill!
(struggling SVLUG speaker coordinator!)