[svlug] Fry's Dial-up...

Joe Buck Joe.Buck at synopsys.COM
Wed Mar 2 17:00:26 PST 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 08:37:09AM -0800, Drew Bertola wrote:
> Man, I don't know whether to gag or applaud.

> Fry's Dial-up service supports Linux.  Ah, in the faq there's more:

I'm not always thrilled with Fry's, but I think that we should applaud
them for supporting Linux whenever they do, and maybe find ways of helping
them do more of it.

> Well, I suppose that's not too bad.  Personally, I haven't needed to use
> a dial-up service in 2 or 3 years.  Even in Thailand I had a good
> broadband via 802.11.

We shouldn't say "even in Thailand": by world standards, US broadband is
hopelessly backward, to the point where I'll bet the major cities of
Thailand will soon leave us behind (broadband in the US is hopelessly primitive
compared with Korea, for instance).