[svlug] (no subject)

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jul 30 23:02:08 PDT 2005

on Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 05:57:53PM -0700, William R Ward (bill at svlug.org) wrote:
> Steve Zimmerman writes:
> >why the **** do you keep sending me your stupid
> >mailing list when I've asked to be taken off three times,
> >***hole!!!
>
> I have no idea what provoked this, but he has been removed and banned
> from rejoining.

It's a particularly effective self-immolation technique, though you've
got to watch for Joe-Jobs.  Recently, see the story of the Korean
"dog-poop girl".  I can think of one Princeton PhD who dramatically
revised his employment status following an outbreak on a Debian mailing
list a few years back.

The Net's got a wide reach and long memory.  Don't do as "Steve" did.

Peace.

    "This must be Thursday," said Arthur musing to himself, sinking low
    over his beer, "I never could get the hang of Thursdays."
    - HHGTG