[svlug] Server farm tour?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Jul 29 22:14:09 PDT 2005

A friend of mine will be going on a road trip with his son [*] this
summer (and hitting the Linux Picnic as their first stop!), and he asked me
if I knew of anywhere they could visit and see a real live server farm...

  We'll probably stay in/around San Jose for a couple of days. One thing that
  would truly, truly jazz him is (a) to visit a real, serious server farm
  with man traps and back-up generators and (b) to talk to a real programmer
  and/or visit at work to see what a programmer does.

Any suggestions? :^)

[*] Who's got to be somewhere in the 10-12 year old range at most, and
    runs his own Linux/Apache website and can be seen posting on the NBLUG
    and LUGOD mailing lists on occasion :^)

bill at newbreedsoftware.com       Sunnyvale Baylands Park, Sunday, August 14th