[svlug] Font Sizes in Gnome

Joe Buck Joe.Buck at synopsys.COM
Fri Jul 29 11:41:21 PDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 11:16:52AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 09:45:16AM -0700, Joe Buck wrote:
> > This is an area where Google gives the wrong answer, because the developer
> > site was there long before the assistive technologies were shipped, and
> > most people doing a Google search are handicapped users, not developers.
>
> Yeah, I noticed. :^)  So, where's Gnome's page about assistive technology
> for the people who actually need it?  (And should it not have options for
> displaying easily in text-to-speech browsers, with large fonts and double-
> or triple-sized graphics? :) )

You're right, the Gnome folks need to do a better job of putting up a
highly publicized page for this.  So it was perhaps unfair of me to blame
Google if the required resource just isn't there in one place (rather in
a lot of separate places).

The assistive technology stuff does include screenreaders (text to speech)
and magnifiers; I think that setting fonts larger is in a different place.