[svlug] Font Sizes in Gnome

Margaret Wendall mwendall at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 15:58:35 PDT 2005

Hi!

As some of you know, I've been having cataract surgery this summer, and I
have a hopefully temporaty problem with the screen font size in Ubuntu
(Gnome desktop)

I don't want to change the screen size from 1024 x 768, because it really
has a lot of advantages when I'm using Gimp. I could change to 800 x 600 but
that just makes the screen window smaller and type is not larger, andI can
barely read the screen at times now. In windoze there's an "accessability"
function that lets a user enlarge the type or make a virtual magnifying
glass. There's something similar in KDE and i've used it. But I can't find
anything like this in Ubuntu, even though I've been searching the web for a
hint.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have a solution? Can anyone
help out with a copy of a Kubuntu CD?

TIA!

Margaret Wendall
mwendall-at-gmail.com <http://mwendall-at-gmail.com>