[svlug] Is there a 'widget' Konfabulator emulator for X-windows?

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Mon Jul 25 11:21:24 PDT 2005

begin Rick Moen quotation of Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 10:54:05AM -0700:

> Building an open source replacement for Pixoria's Konfabulator runtime
> would probably be not difficult once we have full developer details of
> its proprietary software interfaces without NDA.  Please let us know
> when you get those.  ;->

Looks like the widgets are just XML and
JavaScript, and Konfabulator is already
using the Mozilla JavaScript interpreter:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konfabulator

Development docs here:
http://www.konfabulator.com/workshop

What I don't get is why they went to all the trouble
of doing a whole separate application for these,
when they could have just done the widgets in HTML
and shown them in small, minimally decorated browser
windows.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/