[svlug] processes in unix

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Mon Jul 25 08:47:11 PDT 2005

begin Rufoo quotation of Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 05:07:48AM -0700:

> I have been reading "the art of unix programming"
> these days, and I am not sure I understand how
> "process spawning in inexpensive and process control
> is better" in unix. Can someone throw light on this or
> give pointers to readup about this?

Chapter 10 of _Linux Application Development_, 2nd
ed. covers processes under Linux, with comparisons
to the original Unix process model.

http://www.danlj.org/lad/

If you like "The Art of Unix Programming" and want
to get the details of making programs that work,
I strongly recommend _Linux Application Development_.

http://zgp.org/~dmarti/blosxom/books/lad.html

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/