[svlug] Is there a 'widget' Konfabulator emulator for X-windows?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Jul 25 00:24:35 PDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 12:19:19AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 10:22:20PM -0700, Daevid Vincent wrote:
> > I found something called SuperKaramba (http://www.superkaramba.com/) but
> > their site is lame and doesn't give much detail or FAQ or anything?! I don't
> > think they are compatible in any event.
>
> SuperKaramba for KDE is what I use, although only for a nice weather
> forecast (LiquidWeather++) on my desktop.  I've never seen/used Konfabulator,
> so I have no idea about compatibility (though I doubt it).  I believe
> Karamba themes are generally written in Python.

I wonder, did you mention Konfabulator because it's in thew news? :)
Or is this just a bizarre coincidence?  I just opened my Akregator and
saw the latest article on Slashdot:

  Yahoo Purchases Konfabulator
  http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/07/25/0530230

And it looks like they'll be getting rid of the $20 pricetag.

I also found a little history over at Wikipedia:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konfabulator
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuperKaramba

etc.

Anyway, time for bed. ;)