[svlug] legal problems with cups

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Fri Jul 22 19:50:21 PDT 2005

Karsten M. Self writes:
> Many pages printed from xpdf or Galeon result in the printer requesting
> legal sized paper rather than than printing to letter.  The documents
> themselves view as letter sized in xpdf / gv.

Do you have Xprint installed?

I had a problem some time ago on Debian (sid) where anything printed
from mozilla would print at A4 size, even though the system paper size
was letter and every time I printed I told mozilla all over again to
use letter.

It turned out the problem was Xprint, which was ignoring the
system paper size and using its own. I never did figure out
where Xprint stores its paper size, but purging Xprint from the
system fixed the problem and didn't seem to hurt anything else.

	...Akkana