[svlug] PCMCIA wireless help at Hacking Social?

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jul 22 13:17:47 PDT 2005

on Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 10:15:06AM -0700, Bill Kendrick (nbs at sonic.net) wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 06:03:49PM -0400, stripes wrote:
> > Hi Bill,
> >
> > This site was immensely helpful at getting my T40 back and running:
> > http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/ibm.html
>
> Thanks for the reminder.  I forgot about that site!  Sadly, so far the
> diagnosis looks like a dead wireless NIC.  ('cardctl' showed a big fat
> nothin' when we plugged it into two different laptops)

I've seen that happen....  It's sorta frustrating.

Might want to confirm it on a 'Doze box, just for shins'n'grits.  Or RMA
it now and cut your losses.

Peace.

    My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still, My father
    does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will, The ship is anchor'd
    safe and sound, its voyage closed and done, From fearful trip the
    victor ship comes in with object won.
    - Walt Whitman