[svlug] a course on managing open source...

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Mon Jul 18 10:34:03 PDT 2005

Dear list members,

I got a ton of answers for my query! Some on the list, and some offlist.
I really appreciate all the feedback. The gist of it is that most
concerns center around the explanation of the mechanism of open source,
and the licenses that attempt to keep it (in)sane. Then there were some
comments on the use of case studies to establish what worked in the past
and what did not.

A bit of a challenge will be to squeeze so much into a semester, given
that most business school students do not have an inkling as to what
open source is. Almost a fourth of the semester will go there.
Nevertheless, it should be fun.

I'll keep you all posted on how it goes.

cheers,
Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.