[svlug] cdrecord on 2.6.9

David E. Fox dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com
Sun Jul 17 19:40:35 PDT 2005

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:26:36 -0700
James Sparenberg <james at linuxrebel.us> wrote:

> This thread might help.  Basicaly  if you used to use cdrecord
> -dev=0,0,0  you would now use cdrecord -dev=ATA:0,0,0.  Read through the

In 2.6, you should specify the device as 'cdrecord -dev /dev/hdc' and
also make sure to remove any ide-scsi references from your lilo or grub
lines.

Most of the versions of cdrecord I've been using say that they're
modified and not to contact the author, so he probably gets less email
-- but with one exception - using cdrecord with dvd media. It just
didn't want to work, and then I figured out that I could just as well
use 'growisofs' from dvd+rw-tools to do the same job.

dfox at tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.