[svlug] Argh. Frustration with text size scrolling in firefox.

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jul 16 19:42:00 PDT 2005

on Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 09:52:37PM -0400, Brian Bilbrey (bilbrey at orbdesigns.com) wrote:
> Currently I'm using Xandros 3.0.2 Business as the main system distro.
> KDE 3.3 on a modified Sarge base is really most of it.
>
> I'm used to being able to use the control-key plus the mouse scroll
> wheel to ramp up text sizes on sites that insist on tiny fonts. ctrl-'+'
> and ctrl-'-' work still.

I've overridden website fonts for *all* sites, preemptively, with a
custom CSS.  Most browsers let you park a userContent.css somewhere.  I
find not having this control maddening.

The following should do this for you:

/* Force *all* fonts, weights, and line heights to be normal by default
 * unless otherwise specified.
 */

* {
    font-size: 100% !important;
    line-height: normal !important;
    font-family: serif !important;
}

For more, see:

    http://twiki.iwethey.org/Main/UserContentCSS

Peace.

    People really aren't going to trust [Orkut, Friendster, and ilk] if
    they view these start-ups as honeypots for future marketroids to
    reap everything we didn't want them to know.
    - Andrew Orlowski        http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/35129.html