[svlug] Argh. Frustration with text size scrolling in firefox.

Brian Bilbrey bilbrey at orbdesigns.com
Sat Jul 16 18:52:37 PDT 2005

Currently I'm using Xandros 3.0.2 Business as the main system distro.
KDE 3.3 on a modified Sarge base is really most of it.

I'm used to being able to use the control-key plus the mouse scroll
wheel to ramp up text sizes on sites that insist on tiny fonts. ctrl-'+'
and ctrl-'-' work still. But some program is capturing that solo control
keypress, and on release drawing a box around the cursor location.
That's not un-handy behaviour, but it's not passing the keystroke along
to the applications, so text zooming with the scrollwheel isn't working.

Yes, yes, there are other options, several thereof. I'll adapt or change
something else if need be, but here's the thing: I *know* I've seen a
configuration item for this "control key marks the cursor location"
behaviour before, but for the life of me I can't remember where. I've
been through all of my xorg.conf and KDE control center options a couple
of times. Usually I'm pretty good at getting right close with good
keywords on Google, too, but I'm coming up dry there, too.

It's no longer just about text-zooming ... I just hate being beat by my
failing memory. Can anyone remember where that's configured? I'm going
to send this under separate cover to TAG, I'll report back if I get the
answer elsewhere.

Thanks,

.brian

--
Brian Bilbrey : http://www.orbdesigns.com/
	"Kirk to Enterprise -- beam down yeoman Rand and a six-pack."