[svlug] New question.. not really :) (was: svlug Digest, Vol 299, Issue 24)

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jul 15 19:23:12 PDT 2005

on Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 01:38:08PM -0700, Bill Kendrick (nbs at sonic.net) wrote:

> Who is responsible for Kubuntu?  I'm guessing _not_ Canonical?
> Is support provided?  Do they have a similar 6-month schedule?
> (I suppose I should hit the Kubuntu website at some point, sorry :^) )

Kubuntu is, as Rick noted, another Canonical project (actually, a
package/task selection of Ubuntu, strictly).

There's rumblings of an XFCE4 desktop as well, second link straight from
Shuttleworth's mouth (or fingers):

    http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/04/04/1859255&tid=90&tid=163&tid=160&tid=11

Peace.

    What doesn't kill you makes you stranger.
    - Karsten M. Self, misreading as usual, San Marcos Pass Rd., 1988