[svlug] New question.. not really :) (was: svlug Digest, Vol 299, Issue 24)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Jul 15 13:38:08 PDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 01:32:43PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Ubuntu is a desktop-oriented Debian derivative, oriented towards GNOME,
<snip>
> It provides highly stable, leading-edge GNOME packages for
> which commercial support is available through the sponsoring company,
> Canonical, Ltd.
<snip>

...and then...

> Kubuntu is the same system, except furnished with leading-edge KDE
> desktop packages instead of GNOME ones.

Who is responsible for Kubuntu?  I'm guessing _not_ Canonical?
Is support provided?  Do they have a similar 6-month schedule?
(I suppose I should hit the Kubuntu website at some point, sorry :^) )

Thx!

bill at newbreedsoftware.com       Sunnyvale Baylands Park, Sunday, August 14th