[svlug] New question.. not really :)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Jul 15 10:56:20 PDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 01:45:26PM -0400, stripes wrote:
> - Debian, love apt, but out of date even running unstable :(

Wow, really?  There have only been a very _few_ things that I've missed
out of straight Debian, and have had to (or will have to) go elsewhere
for:  KDE 3.4.1 and some TTF-related libraries (to get around a crash bug
in Tux Paint).

<snip>
> - Utunbu, not sure how often this is updated

I don't know too much about Ubunut, but in being Debian-based, isn't it just
feeding off of the main Debian branches?  (I admittedly know _very_ little
about Ubuntu, and only played with a LiveCD once.  I wasn't that impressed,
since the LiveCD was pretty bare-bones and boring.  I think that had to do
with the fact that they included some Win32 OSS stuff on the disc as well.
It looks like TheOpenCD v3 is now handling this, acting as Win32 OSS
_plus_ a light version of Ubuntu LiveCD.)

<snip>
> Thoughts? I'm not starting a flame war, seriously.

Suuuuure you aren't. ;)

bill at newbreedsoftware.com       Sunnyvale Baylands Park, Sunday, August 14th