[svlug] Problems getting Palm Pilot to sync on FC4

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jul 14 23:34:51 PDT 2005

Quoting Dan Martinez (steeljack at gmail.com):

> I haven't used the Tungsten E specifically, and I haven't used and
> Palm devices with Linux at all, BUT: in my experience, USB-based Palm
> devices don't actually become visible to the host until you tell the
> device to initiate a sync.

Additionally, the coldsync package is said to be better at this
(at syncing USB-based devices) than is the pilot-link package (e.g.,
pilot-xfer).

I'm very last millennium in this department -- still using my PalmVx
with its serial-port cradles.

(Gratuitous plug:  http://linuxmafia.com/palmos/ collects in one place
open-source resources for and about PalmOS.  Doesn't necessarily have
the latest versions, though.)