[svlug] gnome vs. kde

James Sparenberg james at linuxrebel.us
Thu Jul 7 22:58:33 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 22:34 -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 07:06:30PM -0700, Bill Hubbard wrote:
> > Is it safe to ask which is better - gnome or kde - or are thems fightin' words?
>
> Thems _is_ fighin' words!
>
> And KDE is better! ;^)

Well  For me,  I use KDE modded like mad for my Window Manager.  Up
until 3.4 I used GDM exclusively to login.   Prefer Evolution over
Kmail.  Nautilus bytes IMHO and I prefer Konqueror and all I can do with
it.  This is however on the big boy boxes.  Now for my fast light getin
get out graphical environment.  Nothing beets Window Maker, but IceWM
comes close.   XFCE though very nice.... sits in the middle.

James