[svlug] Book recommendation

Randy C. Ramsdell rramsdell at adelphia.net
Thu Jul 7 20:09:05 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 18:31 -0700, Bill Hubbard wrote:
> At 06:15 PM 7/7/2005, you wrote:
>
> >Easiest would be to modify your second line there to:
> >
> >     die("Could not connect to database.  Error was: ".mysql_error());
> >
> >That should give you a more informative error message when you access
> >the page.
> >
> >         -brian
>
> Aha!  OK, now I get an access denied error:
> (Access denied for user 'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: YES) )
> I presume the password ("password") for the nobody user is
> incorrect...?  How do I determine what the correct password is?
>
> Bill

mysql -u "user" -p <---- your user account without quotes

password: "password"  <---- password you think works without quotes.

This will directly connect to the Mysql server. Substitute your "user"
without quotes and at password prompt, enter what you think is the
password without quotes again.

As far as the LAMP project goes and the fact that you are starting from
beginning, things can get somewhat difficult. When I started, I had to
read many many docs and test things daily just to get things to work
out. But once you do, things will go much smoother.

--
Randy Ramsdell