[svlug] gnome vs. kde

David Hummel dhml at comcast.net
Thu Jul 7 19:30:24 PDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 07:06:30PM -0700, Bill Hubbard wrote:

> Is it safe to ask which is better - gnome or kde - or are thems
> fightin' words?
>
> Perhaps it is safer to ask what the pros and cons are between the
> desktops?  Maybe a link to such a comparison/debate would be quicker?
> ;-)

IMHO, the GNOME vs. KDE issue is not really a matter of which one is
"better".  Both are going to give you most if not all of the
functionality that you expect from a GUI desktop environment.  I think
the best thing for you to do is to give both environments a spin and
then decide for yourself which one you prefer.

-David