[svlug] Snapshot of Domain Name Buyers' Guide

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Dec 28 18:56:08 PST 2004

Ian alluded, earlier to Domain Name Buyers' Guide, a now-defunct
informational / review Web site for those choosing DNS registrars.

On a hunch, I checked at Internet Archive, and found the final full
archived snapshot of the Guide site (October 2001) before it was shut
down and -- ironically -- surrendered to what appear to be domain
squatters:

http://web.archive.org/web/20011021115150/http://www.domainnamebuyersguide.com/

Some of the site contents will have outdated badly, I'm sure, but for
general aspects of how a newcomer might wish to pick a registrar, it's
still a good place to start.

Also of some possible background interest:
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Network_Other/icann.html

--
Cheers,                                      Hardware:  The part you kick.
Rick Moen                                    Software:  The part you boot.
rick at linuxmafia.com