[svlug] Outbound email and MAPS and RBL and AOL and ugh!

William R Ward bill at wards.net
Fri Dec 17 21:57:16 PST 2004

Vince Hoang writes:
>On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 04:13:31PM -0500, Walt Reed wrote:
>> Many of us do not have the luxury of having 150 broadband ISP's
>> to choose from. We have our local ILEC, cable company, or we
>> have to shell out $900+/month for a FT1 / T1. The first options
>> sucks, the second sucks more, and the final is only an option
>> for businesses large enough to justify the cost.
>
>Or band together with a few clueful buddies and run a colocated
>server to greatly minimize the cost.

That's what I do, but I still have problems with some sites.  My
outgoing mail still has my Comcast IP address in one of the Received
headers, even though it is routed through the colo box.

Maybe I'm not using the right Exim config to do it though?

--Bill.

--
William R Ward               bill at wards.net             http://bill.wards.net