[svlug] least worst microsoft os

bruce coston jane_ikari at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 17 15:32:43 PST 2004

my latest experience w w98se is a reduction in malware
 because of os age. i use ad aware, avast and zone
alarm firewall, all from www.snapfiles.com. my latest
linux build works better than this but in my 2nd
latest builds the w98se gave a better user experience,
shorter waits while os tries to get back to user etc.
i got 98se working so well its scary since i am now a
knoppix derivative bigot. the sequence went; boot
floppy, 98cd, se cd, windows update website from
somebody's broadband, snapfiles.com for the
anti-malware programs and then running ad-aware finds
~40 malware programs leaving a nice system after i go
download a dozen drivers, >30 hrs. total vs ~30 min.
for mepis linux.