[svlug] Re: Any OpenSRS Resellers Out There Who Would Renew My Domain For $$?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Dec 17 12:00:57 PST 2004

Quoting George Georgalis (george at galis.org):

> I like gandi.net interface, cust service and philosophy, they charge
> something between $10 and 20/year.

George, the thing is that Mark is seeking to renew _without_ transferring,
because he's only 12 days from domain expiration.

Tucows's OpenSRS is essentially a collective of individuals under Tucows
sponsorship who, collectively, _are_ a single registrar sharing access to
the Shared Registry System back-end registry.  Those individuals are
termed "resellers".

Mark is trying to get in touch with a different member of the OpenSRS
collective, someone who won't gouge him $70 for his renewal -- as
opposed to transferring to a new registrar, which can be risky so close
to expiration.