[svlug] Outbound email and MAPS and RBL and AOL and ugh!

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Fri Dec 17 08:37:48 PST 2004

J. Paul Reed writes:
> You can get a static IP for residential use. You just have to be willing to
> pay for it.

Beware: static IP alone doesn't protect you from RBL type blocking.
For example, SBC doesn't distinguish between residential static
and dynamic IP blocks, and their reverse DNS makes every DSL site
look like a dynamic IP site.  So some sites block all SBC DSL
regardless of whether it's static or dynamic, or whether there's
a registered domain associated with the IP.

	...Akkana