[svlug] VDQ : Is there a least vile MS-OS??

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Fri Dec 17 06:57:48 PST 2004

Very Dumb Question :

I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from my GPS, which I can make only the
lesser half my normal use of without being able to interface it with a PC
and proprietary software from Garmin, DeLorme, and several more, as I used
to till I got rid of W98.

Tried Crossover Office, and neither of those two big ones would even
install properly.

So unless I should discover at the last minute that VMware can run them
under FC1 or FC3, I guess my only option remaining is to buy a cheap used
MS machine from some graduating senior at Tech, wipe everything I can off
it, and keep it off the Net. I *know* I hate W98. Is any other MS OS any
less vile? Especially for memory- and graphics-intensive applications?
--
Beartooth Autodidact, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Remember I know precious little of what I'm talking about!