[svlug] Outbound email and MAPS and RBL and AOL and ugh!

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Thu Dec 16 18:22:36 PST 2004

On 16 Dec 2004 at 18:10:22, Daevid Vincent arranged the bits on my disk to say:

> I appreciate the severity of the spam situation out there, but I think it
> sucks that I can't get a static IP anymore for residential use. I run a
> linux server that doesn't relay.

You can get a static IP for residential use. You just have to be willing to
pay for it.

Other providers, like Speakeasy, offer (value add) services like these.

Later,
Paul
J. Paul Reed -- 0xDF8708F8 || preed at sigkill.com || web.sigkill.com/preed
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.
                                            -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

I use PGP; you should use PGP too... if only to piss off John Ashcroft