[svlug] Which linux distro for production ?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Dec 16 16:35:17 PST 2004

Quoting linux romeo (linuxromeo at yahoo.com):

>  I started this thread to find out the best free non proprietry linux
>  distro on production .

Are you really talking about licensing (thus the term "proprietary") or
are you chiefly concerned with acquisition cost?  Your posting seems a
bit conflicted on that point.

>  So that is we planned to do ...build a very redundant cluster (and
>  live in peace)...so I hope we can keep our discussion limited to free
>  Stable well tested Distro only .

So, your choice logically depends on what constraints, experience, and
preferences you have, and you've not yet described those.  Maybe you
should re-pose your question with those things included?