[svlug] Domain Registrar Reliability and Switching Interruption

Mark C. Langston mark at bitshift.org
Thu Dec 16 16:19:04 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 03:20:52PM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> I personally like my own OpenSRS reseller, an acquaintance of mine.
> $15/year, no technical or contractual bull____, and I know he will act
> if there's a problem.  No telephone handholding, though, which was on
> your requirements list.
>
> There are lots of cheaper registrars than that.   Personally, I will
> happily pay my $7/year premium over the bottom-priced options because of
> my personal confidence in my guy.

I went that one better:  I became my own registrar.  Doing so via
OpenSRS is, if not trivial, at least quite simple.  At least, it was
when I did it about 4 years ago.

That way, if my reseller is a jerk, I know where to find me.

--
Mark C. Langston                                   The GOSSiP Project
mark at bitshift.org     http://sourceforge.net/projects/gossip-project/