[svlug] Domain Registrar Reliability and Switching Interruption

Mark S Bilk mark at cosmicpenguin.com
Thu Dec 16 13:06:40 PST 2004

Hi  folks,

I registered my domain (cosmicpenguin.com) with
domainnameregistration.com four years ago, because they
always had someone available for telephone support (not
that I've needed it except at the beginning).  Now they don't,
and their minimum rate of $70 for two years (they won't renew
for one year) is exorbitant compared to others.

Two questions:

1. Which registrars are cheap, reliable, look like they will be
in business for years to come, and have phone support for
the transfer of a domain to them?

2. Can I transfer my domain to another registrar without
getting _any_ interruption of my e-mail due to interruption
of DNS or anything else?

  Thanks,

  Mark