[svlug] FC-3 installation problem

Awais Ali aali at i2telecom.com
Thu Dec 16 12:37:58 PST 2004

I installed Fedora Core 3 on a Dell Optiplex GX110. Previously Red hat
linux 7.2 was running fine on this machine. I had problems with
graphical install: Scrolling only moved the top or bottom lines, pop-up
windows appeared transparent with only the buttons visible, so I
proceeded with text install which went smoothly.

However after login prompt or sometimes even before that the screen goes
black with a few vertical lines on it. Ctrl-Alt-F2 does not work. How do
I go about fixing this problem.

Thanks
Ali