[svlug] Which linux distro for production ?

Greg Herlein gherlein at herlein.com
Wed Dec 15 13:38:28 PST 2004

I'm very interested in any analyis metrics that folks use to make
a formal decision on the distro to use.  Anyone know of a paper
or other document that provides a set of criteria and rankings
for making a choice?  Right off the top of my head, some of the
rankings would be:

1.  Stability vs New Features
2.  Compatibility of desktop software
3.  Remote managability and upgradability
4.  Kernel 'purity' comapred to kernel.org
5.  Kernel 'purity' for maximum driver compatability

etc.

Anyone know of such a paper or analysis?

Greg