[svlug] Flash-driven websites

Joe Buck Joe.Buck at synopsys.COM
Wed Dec 15 12:33:02 PST 2004

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 01:29:55PM -0800, James Sparenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 11:06, David N. Welton wrote:
> > Also bolded is: "In short, unless all of the accessibility techniques
> > outlined in this lesson are applied, then Flash may not be
> > accessible."
>
> Hmmm.  Doesn't an amendment to the Americans with Disabilities Act
> require that they be 100% accessable?

As far as I know, that applies only to government sites, and even there
there are some exemptions.

And there was a court ruling that Southwest Airlines "does not have to
revamp its Web site to make it more accessible to the blind".

http://news.com.com/Judge+Disabilities+Act+doesnt+cover+Web/2100-1023_3-962761.html

Just the same, there's no good reason why to make life difficult for
your visually impaired customers; it's just bad business and it's not
harder to do it right.