[svlug] Which linux distro for production ?

linux romeo linuxromeo at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 11:35:58 PST 2004

 hi anne,
         its true
 to development box as production box = unstable
 but that is our present sitution ... in fact we
 realized this so we only want to offer development
 box
 as for redundancy or offering non critical
 servervice
 like ftp
 for example prod1(webserver)
 prod2 webserver+mysql
dev1 production mysql slave +
 dev2 prod webserver mail + dev ftp, cvs
 dev3 production jabber,ldap, open h323 + dev mysql
 +cvs
 dev4 production jabber mail+ ldap slave dev
 webserver

 so maintain maximum redundancy.....plan is weird
 ..let
  what it leads us to :-) .... i hope running on
 single
 stable distro will help it maintain (??)...like
 transfering a app to dev to prod

 though i like fedora ...big question in my mind is
 it
 safe or good enough for production .....I heard a
 lot
 abt debian but i got this stupid fobia that its
 pakages  are too ancient and development might
 suffer
 ... i luv to get of this confussion and devote my
 time
 & upcoming cluster

 rgds,
 romeo