[svlug] Sender Verification

Akbar S. Ahmed akbar501 at dslextreme.com
Wed Dec 8 10:44:36 PST 2004

Hi Joe,

Joe Buck wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 12:47:53PM -0800, Akbar S. Ahmed wrote:
>>I'm trying to figure out if a mail sent from my server
>>(mail.anotherdomain.com) is being rejected  because sender verification
>>is configured on the remote server (relay.domain.com).
>
> No way to tell from this.  Your address could be blacklisted for any
> of a number of reasons.

I kind of figured the log entry would not help me determine if the
remote server was using sender verification.

I've google'd for an answer on what to look for in the logs, but have
not found info on what exactly I should look for in the logs.

Would increasing the log level in Postfix help collect enough
information to determine if a Sender Verification is in fact happening?

Also, what does Sender Verification look like in the logs? My thought is
that I should see a RCPT TO and then an immediate dropping of the
connection.

Thanks,
Akbar