[svlug] web-based & open source help systems

Akbar S. Ahmed akbar501 at dslextreme.com
Thu Dec 2 18:59:31 PST 2004

Hi,

I've been looking for a good web-based help system for some time.
Basically, I would like features similar to those provided by
Microsoft's HTML Help or Sun's JavaHelp.

In addition to the features provided by MS and Sun, I would like a
purely web-based solution that does not require any software on the
client besides a browser.

Currently, I'm using a Wiki for this, but would prefer the structure of
formal end-user documentation.

Please note, this is for end-user documentation.

Does anyone know of or use an open source application that provides this
type of functionality.

Thanks,
Akbar