[svlug] Windows to Linux Migration Toolkit

David Allen dallen at crconsulting.com
Thu Dec 2 12:28:39 PST 2004

For those who attended the meeting last night, you will probably
remember me:  I was the guy waving the book around during the
announcements :-)  I will also be speaking at SVLUG in May presenting
"Windows to Linux Migration Roadmap", which I will also be presenting at
LinuxWorld http://linuxworldexpo.com in February.

At the beginning of this year I accepted a book contract with Syngress
www.syngress.com (an O'Reilly affiliate) to publish "Windows to Linux
Migration Toolkit", a 500-page book about migrating Windows
98/NT/2000/XP, Exchange, Active Directory, network services, and
desktops to any flavor of Linux.  The book provides guidelines,
technology overviews, best practices, step-by-step instructions, and a
CD of automated migration scripts to make the migration from Windows to
Linux as fast and painless as possible.

Windows to Linux Migration Toolkit was published last month, and is now
available on Amazon.com and "at stores near you" :)  I've set up
www.crconsulting.com with links to the book and the consulting services
I (and the co-authors) offer.  There is a press release at
http://www.crconsulting.com/news.html containing even more information
about the book, including biography and chapter information.

If you'd like to purchase the book or post a book review, please visit
the Web links below.  Also, feel free to forward this e-mail to anyone
else who would be interested in the book.

If you have any questions about the book or would like to see a sample
of the contents, send e-mail to BookHelp at crconsulting.com

--
Sincerely,
David Allen