[svlug] OpenOffice 1.1 and templates

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Nov 30 18:48:06 PST 2003

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 08:38:17AM -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> I've just started using it on my debian laptop, and it looks ok (definitely
> more responsive than the oh so sluggish SO 5.2).
> My main problem is the complete lack of templates for presentations (and
> proably the other tools too). It comes with a total of 2 templates.

I noticed that last night!  I thought it was me, or a broken OOo 1.1
backport. :^)

'Course, I also noticed this bizarre bug where the "File -> New..." menu
wouldn't 'pop-out', so I couldn't ask it to make any new documents!
Hitting [CTRL-N] seemed to work, to make a new document of the same kind I
was currently editing.

:^/

Time to apt-get upgrade and see if there's a new backport ;)

-bill!