[svlug] procmail filter and logging

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Nov 30 15:48:50 PST 2003

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003, J C Lawrence wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 14:44:51 -0800
> Brian Street <brian.street at bayarea.net> wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone, I am trying to figure out how some pieces of spam have
> > made it through my spam filter (.procmailrc) without leaving a trace
> > of it being processed in my log file. This hasn't happened very often;
> > in fact maybe two or three times in the last year so I'm not
> > complaining, just trying to figure out how it happened.

	I assume your using spamd and have the same bash file I do in
.procmailrc and many of the spam artists have I think got a linux
computer set up just like ours and have learned to write spam that just
makes it through the filter. At first I got no spam. Then slowly I am up
to about 4 a day out of several hundred sent.

	I wish the Government would hire a company like IBM to mount a
war against those who write and send spam over the internet.