[svlug] procmail filter and logging

Brian Street brian.street at bayarea.net
Sun Nov 30 14:44:51 PST 2003

Hello everyone,

I am trying to figure out how some pieces of spam have made it through my
spam filter (.procmailrc) without leaving a trace of it being processed in
my log file. This hasn't happened very often; in fact maybe two or three
times in the last year so I'm not complaining, just trying to figure out how
it happened.

I have verbose set to on, and have since the first occurrence, and just
cycle (and save) the log files every night. I have searched for header
information, subject matter and even going through each email that I
received during the time I supposedly received it - all to no avail. It
looks like it never leaves a trace in the log file.

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian.