[svlug] Fw: Red Hat Fedora Project

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at neuralscape.com
Sun Nov 30 11:20:44 PST 2003

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 11:22:38AM -0500, J C Lawrence wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 08:10:24 -0800
> Marc MERLIN <marc_news at merlins.org> wrote:
>
> > (older message) The more I look at it, the more it sounds like an
> > unnecessary and duplicate effort from Debian.
>
> > Debian is almost 10years 10,000 packages ahead of Fedora...

I recently started the process of bringing Debian into my lab. I will
continue to work with Red Hat distributions as well for business reasons.
I'll keep an eye on Fedora and suspect it will do OK. There are many
talented folks, who run and work with Red Hat distributions, who are
quite enthusiastic about the future of Fedora.

I'm very interested in Debian for the flexibility, from a developer's point
of view. I'm going to keep an eye on Gentoo as well, for the same reasons.

Thanks,
Karen
--
 Karen Shaeffer